Community Based Care Coordination
Children with special health care needs often experience a multitude of Community Based Care Coordinators work with families and their health care providers, community agencies and schools to access needed support services and provide health care management for the unique and complicated conditions of children with special health care needs.
Once enrolled in the program, your Community Based Care Coordinator will:
- Review the child's health care status and the services they are currently receiving
- Work with the child and family to develop an individualized services plan based on needs and priorities
- Coordinate follow-up care with the family, physicians and specialists
- Assist the family in applying for medical, social, educational, and financial services
- Access financial assistance for certain health related expenses if the income eligible
- Help problem solve concerns around feeding, nutrition, growth & development, and behavior issues.
For more information about the Special Medical Services offered at Child Health Services,